The project itself involved the design, manufacture, supply and installation of a two storey 44.9m x 27.1m (overall) English faculty and classroom building. The building consisted of 20 Classrooms, Offices, Staff Room, WC facilities to each floor.
The building also had a double height open hall with feature glass frontage to give a particularly impressive entrance which formed the original design brief. The project was finished with standing seam roof and vertical cedar cladding externally, with plaster skim finish internally. Some classrooms were subdivided by acoustic movable walls with drywipe finish to enable the users to double the teaching space when required.
The building was naturally ventilated with the assistance of mechanical air handling units and heat by HVAC plant, all controlled by a central controller with the option of wi-fi login from individual classrooms for teachers manual control. The building also incorporated 121No. photovoltaic panels located on the south facing roofs to comply with BREEAM requirement.
- To Design and Manufacture a new classroom building
- The two storey building measured 44m x 27m overall
- The building included 20 new classrooms, offices and toilets
- The entrance hall features two story open plan area with curtain walling
- The exterior of the building was timber clad to suit its surroundings
- We delivered the project on program and within budget