Having outgrown their current premises, Leeds Mencap required a new, larger, fully-accessible building. Integra Buildings undertook the task to design, manufacture and install this incredibly important building for Leeds Mencap and the wider community.
This project involved careful consideration as the building was vital for the client, stakeholders and wider community. The implementation of accessible WC’s and a changing room WC with hoist equipment all designed with the users in mind. To one end of the building, an area that offered its own entrance, a parents room and family support area close to the entrance to avoid a range of corridors making the rooms easy to find and separate from the rest of the building taking advantage of the L-Shape design, this area also included a therapy room, playroom with direct access to a secure area outside and a ‘breakout’ room inside. The building also incorporated a number of activity rooms, offices and meeting rooms we installed folding partitions to a number of rooms to allow flexibility in usage, the building also incorporated a Nursery and Soft Play area.
- To design and build an inclusive new centre
- Create a space for people with learning disabilities from the whole of Leeds
- Include an area for Community Groups and a Nursery incl a soft play area
- An L-Shaped Building was manufactured measuring 55m x 46m overall
- With a sensory suite for children and adults big enough for group sessions
- Create a specialist toilet with hoists and changing table