United Communities, the housing association leading the pioneering project, believes it could be the forerunner for new housing solutions locally and nationally, with key workers such as nurses among those who could benefit from the modular communities of the future.
The initial concept for Launchpad was to convert shipping containers, but it was decided these would be too small and restrictive. Integra was commissioned to design and manufacture a bespoke version of the shipping container concept, including a larger floor space and higher ceilings, this offered a number of advantages, including a speedy turnaround and the potential to move the buildings to another site at a later date, meaning the project team could afford to take a more flexible approach to securing land.
- 31 Studio Apartments for independant living
- Communal lounge to encourage a supportive and sustainable community
- High ceilings and large window to encourage natural light
- Building Regulation compliant (inc insulation standards)
- High-quality, fully bespoke interiors