The building was designed as a four on four bay set up as a quadrant this reduced the level of site joints and was the most effective design to achieve the size of building in minimum bay numbers.
This maintained cost efficiency on the transport and site works, the widest/ longest bays a site will allow for enables us to reduce the number of units in turn minimising cost due to less delivery and site works. Critical to the client was keen to create an environment that would encourage shared working areas rather than segregating the Office and Site staff, our design kept this in mind and the client was delighted.
- Preparation of documents for Building Control
- Ensuring the Building was designed to meet current Building Regulations
- Provide a design for suitable foundations (as constructed by others)
- Create a pleasant and unique work environment
- The layout was to integrate not segregate the office staff and site teams
- The building measured 20.8m x 7m and was arranged as 8 bays over two storeys